With an accomplished professional background and a degree in business management from Northeastern University, Janis was in charge of operations and architecture at some of Boston’s most prestigious theatres. She now spearheads all of the operations for the team, including making the team’s listings look beautiful. In addition to being a highly skilled photographer, Janis brings expert knowledge on ways to make homes market-ready, such as staging, design and feng shui. She is an Accredited Buyer Representative who loves working with first-time home buyers and guiding them through the entire purchase process.
Janis is on the board of the National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals and is a former board member of both The Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition and Mass Equality. After living for many years in Boston’s South End and Roslindale neighborhoods, Janis currently lives in Jamaica Plain with her wife Ellen Grubert. You might bump into her when she is running around Jamaica Pond.
Awards and Designations
- 2018 #8 LGBT+ sales team in the country: NAGLREP & REALtrends Top Agent Ranking
- 2017 #1 in Jamaica Plain and Roslindale for number of units sold
- 2017 #1 in Jamaica Plain and Roslindale for market volume
- 2017 #2 in all of Boston for number of units sold and #12 for market volume
- 2017 #3 RE/MAX team in gross commission
- 2016 #1 Remax sales team in New England
- 2015 & 2014 Ranked in the top 5 Remax teams in all of New England
- 2015 – Ranked #16 out of all agents in Massachusetts for sales volume in Boston Top 20 BostonTop20.com
- 2008 – 2013 Ranked in the top 3% of NRT’s 41,000 sales agents and tip 50 CBRB sales associates for all of New England.
- 2003 – 2013 Presidents Circle and Presidents Elite designations
- Realtor specializing in the Boston, Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, West Roxbury, Brookline and Newton areas
- Expertise in working with first time buyers, home staging for sellers, new construction marketing, and relocation agent referrals
- Expert navigating multiple transactions ( trade-up buyer, sale and buy)
- Personal experience buying and selling multiple properties, renovations and rehabs
- Past Associate Chair of Technology Committee – Greater Boston Association of Realtor (GBAR)
- Planning committee for Cabaret Event – Keshet
- Member – Bourne & Forest Hills neighborhood group (BAGALIST)
- Past Board of Directors – Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition, Mass Equality
- B.A. in Business Administration, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- On-going continuing education in real estate sales and marketing