Beginning in 1988, I began selling real estate in Boston’s now trendy South End neighborhood. I quickly established myself as one of the most enthusiastic and service oriented real estate agents in the industry. Besides being one of the top producing real estate agents in the country I am also in the top 4% of all of Coldwell Banker sales agents internationally and have been given the prestigous title of Vice President of Residential Sales for the last several years in a row.
Originally from New York City, New York, I moved to Boston in 1983 to get my Masters Degree in Business Communication from Emerson College. Along with an undergraduate degree in Psychology, my Masters degree helped me to polish my strong negotiation and problem solving skills that have served all of my clients and customers well.
I am proud to serve on the Greater Boston Association of Realtors Education Committee.
After 20 years of management experience in the theatrical industry, I decided to put my love of New England architecture to the test by joining my partner, Ellen Grubert, in her already established real estate business. I truly enjoy working with both buyers and sellers but especially helping 1st time home buyers find a new home.
Originally from Fair Lawn, New Jersey, I moved to Boston in 1979 to get my Business degree from Northeastern University. I have traveled extensively to Europe and lived for 6 months in Israel.
I am proud to serve on the Greater Boston Association of Realtors Technology Committee as well as the board of The National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals.
Together we are known for our strong commitment to service, hard work ethic and respect for everyone that becomes part of the real estate process. We offer you an experience that is truly personal and professional. And having Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage as a partner simply enhances our expertise and resources. Our goal is to make the selling and/or buying process an easy and enjoyable experience. Contact us if you have questions about the current real estate market and are looking for a balanced and educated point of view. We will be delighted to hear from you if you or family or friends are thinking of buying or selling.
Our experience is from having lived and worked in Boston’s Jamaica Plain and Roslindale neighborhoods for over 10 years and in the South End for 11 years. In addition to selling real estate, to date together we have purchased a total of nine properties; one of which was built from the ground up, and several of the others we have renovated together.
We both enjoy a strong client referral business built on our hard work; it is a testament from satisfied past clients and we are most grateful that they refer us. We live by these principles that guide our interactions with clients and everyone we work with to ensure a smooth real estate transaction:
We are involved in our industry
We are resilient and responsive
We add value every day
We always operate with honesty, integrity and fairness
It is very important to us that we build long lasting relationships. Many past clients are now personal friends and we are continually honored to be a part of their investment endeavors, and a guest in their homes.
In addition to our real estate work, we are active participants in community service. We have served on the board of the Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition, were founding members of the Silent Spring Institute, participated in the first Boston to New York AIDS Ride, and are supporters of the Human Rights Campaign, Community Servings, Pine Street Inn, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The Boston Gay Women’s Meetup Group, and Coldwell Banker Cares. Ellen is a member of Speakout and Janis is on the board of Running for our Lives and MassEquality. To learn more about local organizations that we support, visit our community involvement page.
Awards & Designations
Thanks to our satisfied clients, we have been honored with several awards and designations throughout our career in real estate.
- 2012 Ranked among the top 1,000 NRT sales associates for the second quarter
- 2010 Ranked among the top 50 CBRB sales associates for all of New England
- 2010 Ranked among the top 1,000 NRT sales associates for the first & second quarters
- 2009 Ranked among the top 1,000 NRT sales associates for the first, second & third quarters
- 2009 Ranked #46 in the top 500 CBRB agents in Mass. (out of a total of 3040 agents)
- 2008 Ranked #47 of all New England Coldwell Banker Real Estate Agents (approx. 5000 total)
- 2008 Ranked among the top 1,000 NRT sales associates (based on GCI for the fourth quarter)
- Broker of the Month/Team of the Month – 3/03, 7/03, 5/04, 6/04, 10/04, 2/05, 3/05, 12/05, 4/06, 8/06, 10/06, 12/06, 3/07, 9/07, 11/07, 12/07, 1/08, 6/08, 9/08, 2/09, 3/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 10/09, 2/10, 3/10, 4/10, 5/10, 6/10, 9/10, 10/10, 3/11, 4/11, 6/11, 9/11, 3/12, 4/12 5/12, 6/12, 9/12, 11/12, 2/13
- Broker of the Year 2010
- 2007 Ranked #86 of all New England Coldwell Banker Real Estate Agents (appox. 5,000 total)
- Presidents Circle – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Presidents Elite – 2003, 2004, 2012